Career Paths in Telemental Health
Edition: 1st ed. 2017
Number Of Pages: 309
This visionary volume spotlights innovative mental health careers in today’s technology-driven climate while inspiring readers to create their own opportunities. Unique and engaging perspectives from professionals across disciplines and job titles describe the thought processes, ingenuity, and discipline behind matching technologies to the needs of specific populations and settings. These non-traditional paths show digital advances as used in frontline, complementary, supplemental, and alternative interventions, in academic and training settings, in private practice, and in systems facing transition. The diversity of these contributions illustrates the myriad openings technology presents for both professional fulfillment and clients’ improved well-being.
Highlights of the coverage:
- Crisis in the behavioral health classroom: enhancing knowledge, skills, and attitudes in telehealth training.
- Using technology in behavior analysis: a journey into telepractice.
- Making iCBT available in primary care settings: bridging the gap between research and regular healthcare.
- Improving veterans’ access to trauma services through clinical video telehealth.
- Virtual reality therapy for treatment of psychological disorders.
- Promoting and evaluating evidence-based telepsychology interventions.
For mental health practitioners, practitioners in training, researchers, academics, and policymakers, Career Paths in Telemental Health is an ideabook whose time has come―and continues to unfold.